We’re putting on a global production of ImprovEd Shakespeare’s Hamlet, featuring youth from around the world. Bouncing from city-to-city, country-to-country, the players in each location will contribute a short portion to the ongoing ImprovEd Shakespeare’s Global Hamlet production.
Andee Kinzy, Founder & Director of ImprovEd Shakespeare, will be offering an ImprovEd Shakespeare workshop in each city, sharing our unique approach to the bard. At the end of the workshop, we will film the next addition to the story. The participants will have access to the script and can work together to create their own longer version of the theatrical production after our departure.
This is a work-in-progress and details are developing/changing daily. Input/ideas from the community are welcome!
This is an epic project utilizing our global community. I (Andee) could use immediate help in the following areas:
- OUTREACH: I need a contact person in each location. Do you know someone who would be a great contact? Or do you want to help reach out to different locations? I will need a venue for the workshop/filming and a way of finding the participants.
- PATREON: I will be setting up a Patreon account if you’d like to donate to the project.
- MARKETING: One person can only do so much, let me know if you can help with marketing.
- ARTISTS: If you know a digital artist in the cities listed who might be interested in helping out, please send them my way!
- CREATORS: Do you have a great idea for the process? I’d love to hear it!
THE COUNTRIES (Tentative Schedule)
|SEPTEMBER 2018||NYC, USA|
Montreal, Quebec, CANADA
|FEBRUARY 2019||Mumbai, INDIA|
New Delhi, INDIA
Johannesburg, SOUTH AFRICA
Capetown, SOUTH AFRICA
Shanghai / Beijing